The Easter Bunny is late this year, but has finally hopped into view. Did you know bunnys can purr similar to a cat. Rabbits have 28 teeth and they never stop growing. A 4 pound rabbit will drink as much water as a 20 pound dog. The only place a rabbit sweats is through the pads on its feet. See 40 interesting facts about bunnies here! There are 45 recognized breeds of rabbits not counting the Easter Bunny.
Activities are going on all weekend:
• Start the festivities off with a picture of your little one with the Easter Bunny! On Friday and Saturday, the Stanford Shopping Center provides a wonderful opportunity for lasting memories at the Center Pavilion, with a special gift for each child. From 10 – 8:30 on Friday, 10 – 7 on Saturday.
• Hopping from Friday to Sunday, the San Francisco Zoo welcomes you to “Big Bunny’s Spring Fling” from 10-4 each day. This three-day party features puppet shows, Bunny Princess Story Time, Crafts, and a Bunny Learning Center! The Nesquik Bunny will even make an appearance!
Events on Saturday include:
• San Francisco is hoppin’ with a warren of events. At Sharon Meadow in Golden Gate Park, from 11 to 3 the Spring Eggstravaganza will provide egg hunts, arts and crafts, food for sale, and carnival rides.
• You can get out to the Coast and Hop for a Cause in Half Moon Bay, with an appearance by the Easter Bunny, face painting, and live music at Harbor Village!
• Or, head off with the herd to the Easter Egg Hunts in Santa Clara or San Mateo! Santa Clara’s event runs from 9 am (Hunt starts at 10) at Central Park at 909 Kiely Blvd., Santa Clara. Needs a link The event will also have carnival games, face painting, and pictures with the Easter Bunny. San Mateo’s hip-hopping party goes from 9 am to 1 pm at Central Park at 5th and El Camino features a pancake breakfast, art, games, live music and magic, and a parade!
• For a thrilling treat, go to the Hiller Aviation Museum to see the Easter Bunny arrive by helicopter! At10:30 am, Mr. Bunny arrives in style in a real helicopter to deliver eggs to the children.
Of course, the main event is Sunday, and there’s lots of great events going on that day! Some high-hopping highlights:
• The 20th Annual Union Street Spring Celebration and Easter Parade bounces through the streets 10 to 5 pm with rides and games, climbing wall, activities area, characters and a petting zoo, along with a pony ride and live music. Union Street’s restaurants will be happy to serve you al fresco!
• Those willing to make the trip out to Oakland will be rewarded with Bunny Weekend at Children’s Fairyland, 699 Bellevue Avenue, Oakland. There are costumed bunny characters, tap dancing Easter Bunnies, and music and stories.
• And finally, for all of us horse-lovers here in Woodside, Miwok Stables in Mill Valley is having tours of the stables, a photo show, and a visit from E. Bunny. The nearby Tennessee Valley provides hiking opportunities for the more active. 701 Tennesee Valley Road, Mill Valley.
We here at COW hope you all have some fun with the bunnies this weekend! But make sure you save that fake grass for the Easter Bunny – COWs like the real thing!